Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June


2nd time bringing the trophy back.


many months of training, 4 competitions, 4 medals for myself, all in the month of June.

in the last 2 weekends, the whole team managed to grab a whole bunch of medals. for myself, i got 1 silver from SIWF, 1 gold from POL-ITE 2009, 1 silver for the Tertiary Mixed team and 1 bronze for the National Championship Men's, both from SDBF.

SIWF was my first and last with RP. the silver medal was in fact a gold and we know damn well why.

POL-ITE 2009 was my final one, and i'm glad i could defend the title with my team. it was RPDB's third consecutive win in the POL-ITE games since snatching it from TP. i paddled in 2 of the 3 POL-ITE races.

for SDBF, we swept the POL-ITE category races in Men's, Women's and Mixed last year. unfortunately, SDBA took that category off this year; in fact, 2008 was the only year the POL-ITE category was featured. but in 2009, RPDB made history. the bronze medal from the National Championship Men's was the first, since we started in 2005. that was the best bronze medal i've ever gotten in my life. in that event itself, it was also one of the best ever. the Tertiary Mixed silver medal was one of my very few Mixed team medals, and i'm glad to have paddled.

all the 3 competitions mentioned above are all my last with RPDB. the feeling in those competitions were great; almost replicable to SRR 2008. thanks to everyone who made it possible; my coach, my teammates, GOD.

No comments: